Help Wanted - Tax Advisor/Preparer - Burlingame
Title: Tax Advisor / Preparer
We have immediate openings and urgent need for Tax Professionals! Job openings are contract positions with potential for permanent, long-term employment. Hours are flexible, full-time or part-time acceptable, hourly compensation will be based on experience.
Tax preparation and planning for individual and all businesses including corporations, S-Corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates. Also provide general accounting work for specific needs.
Tax Experience Required:
- Prepare federal and state Income tax returns for individuals, Limited Liability Companies, and S-Corporations
- Review/analyze prior years’ filings for accuracy
- Correspond with clients regarding tax information and documentation
- Meet with clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances
- Meet and discuss with clients income tax results and procedures for filing
- Advise clients on the full spectrum of tax services, including but not limited to planning, research, and compliance
- File federal, state, and local tax documents, extensions and quarterly payments through the Lacerte software program
- Collaborate with other Associates to validate proper tax laws, procedures, forms and methodology used in preparation of returns
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Current CPA or EA license preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of tax experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks as well as tax software
(proficiency in Lacerte)
- Knowledge of K-1's and 1040's is a must
- Experience preparing returns for individuals, Limited Liability Companies, and S-Corporations
Compensation includes competitive salary, bonus, excellent office location in Burlingame, free parking, health insurance, paid vacation, training programs, current technology, and significant interaction with clients with an established client base.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Danielle Pelzner, HR Director, Pelzner & Associates, firstname.lastname@example.org