Revised Handbook for E-File Providers
Publication 1345, Handbook for Authorized IRS e-file Providers of Individual Income Tax Returns, has been updated. This publication provides important information for tax preparers about applying and participating in IRS e-file, plus links to helpful resources. It also details the six IRS-mandated security, privacy, and business standards that supplement the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act to protect taxpayer information that is collected, processed and stored by online providers of individual income tax returns:
- Extended Validation SSL Certificate;
- External vulnerability scan;
- Information privacy and safeguard policies;
- Protection against bulk filing of fraudulent ;income tax returns;
- Public domain name registration; and
- Reporting of security incidents.