Are you a tax professional seeking employment?
Are you looking to buy or sell a tax practice?
If you would like to place an ad, click here to download the form. Click on an ad's title to view the complete ad information.

Help Wanted - Experienced Tax Preparer - Laguna Hills 

   Experienced tax preparer wanted. Self-starter. Able to work without minute-by-minute supervision. Lacerte software. Seasonal, February through April 15 full-time, with part-time after April 15 a possibility. Excellent work environment.

Position Wanted - Tax Preparer or Reviewer - Remote 

   Experienced tax professional CPA with more than 20 years of experience is seeking a tax preparer or reviewer position this season. Remote work wanted.

Professional Office Space Available - The Alameda, San Jose 

   Furnished individual offices available in prime location in the Alameda, San Jose, just off the 880 exit. Large parking lot and elevator. You and your clients will enter the building through a peaceful park-like atrium. Private bath and kitchenette.

Help Wanted - Experienced Tax Professional - San Mateo 

   We are seeking a tax professional experienced in individual returns, pass-through entities and S corps/partnerships. Knowledge of ATX software. Person-to-person interview skills preferred. The position is seasonal at first.

Help Wanted - Experienced Tax Preparer - Aptos 

   Small tax preparation and accounting office is looking for an experienced individual tax return preparer for in-office seasonal work. Part-time hours available. Possibility to extend to year-round work exists.

Help Wanted - Experienced Tax Professional - Carson, CA 

   Seeking a tax professional with 10+ years of experience, skilled in using Lacerte software, with excellent communication skill for client interviews. No selling required. Private firm with 60 years of successful history. Over 2,500 clients annually.

Help Wanted - Enrolled Agent - Murrieta 

   EA needed for growing accounting business. Can work fully remote if desired. Duties include individual and small business tax prep, IRS correspondence and representation. Strong understanding of S corporations is a must.

Help Wanted - EA or CPA - Long Beach 

   Small close-knit group is seeking a full-time seasonal EA or CPA with 5 years' experience, for in-office/remote work.


Become an EA

Enrolled Agents are America’s Tax Experts

EAs are federally-licensed tax professionals who specialize in tax preparation and have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled Agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), are generally unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before.

What are the employment opportunities for an Enrolled Agent?

A large number of Enrolled Agents are self-employed with practices that offer year-round services to their clients (and often will include bookkeeping payroll and other services). EAs also are employed by other firms of Enrolled Agents, by CPA firms, by attorneys specializing in areas of taxation, by large commercial tax preparation firms, by banks and investment companies, and by private firms needing in-house tax expertise. Building a year-round tax practice takes time and experience, so some will start their tax career on a part-time basis while still employed in another occupation, with the intent of developing the tax practice into a self-supporting and profitable business. CSEA offers many education and professional development courses to greatly help both new and experienced Enrolled Agents.

May I join CSEA before I become an Enrolled Agent?

Yes, becoming a CSEA member is a great idea. Non-enrolled preparers may join as an Associate. Associate memberships offer the same benefits and discounts (with the exception of being listed as an Enrolled Agent in our online tax professional search tool). Associates cannot hold office or vote. Joining now provides you access to your local Chapter for networking with other Enrolled Agents and tax professionals, along with access to the information which can help you achieve your goals and help build your career! As a CSEA member, you will also receive discounts on Enrolled Agent exam preparation courses. For details, please see below, “How do I prepare for the examination?

About the Special Enrollment Examination (“SEE” Exam)

The SEE exam is a comprehensive three-part exam provided at hundreds of locations both nationally and internationally from May each year through February of the following year. The Test is administered by Prometric Inc. Prospective EAs may schedule the three parts (individual tax; business tax; and representation practices and procedures) in any order, but must pass all three parts to apply for enrollment. Several CSEA Chapters offer review courses to prepare for the SEE. For more information on when and where the courses are offered, please search our education listings for the title, "Enrolled Agent Exam Review Course."
  • CSEA partners with Gleim to offer CSEA Members a 10% discount on Gleim’s EA, CPA, CMA or CIA review Systems (per part and/or full sets) and our continuing education packages (20, 40, 80 or 100 hours). Click here to view Gleim’s products.
  • NOTE: The CSEA Education Foundation has scholarships available for those doing the SEE review courses. Click here for more information regarding available scholarships.

How do I prepare for the examination? Are there any study materials?

In studying for the examination, you may wish to refer to the Internal Revenue Code, Circular 230, IRS publications, as well as IRS tax forms and accompanying instructions. Many IRS publications, tax forms and accompanying instructions are online at The IRS Tax Map may also be useful when studying for the exam. The Tax Map gathers IRS forms, instructions, publications, and web pages by topic and organizes links to these sources on a single topic page. Content on Tax Map is tax year specific, and you can research from TY 2017 back to TY 2012. For more information about the EA profession, visit the IRS webpage, "Enrolled Agents - Frequently Asked Questions."

Visit for other helpful information including:
  • Candidate Information Bulletin
  • SEE tutorial
  • "What to Expect on Test Day" video
  • "Test Drive Your Examination" (schedule and sit for a practice examination free of charge)

How much does it cost to take the SEE Exam?

There is a $181.94 fee per part paid at the time of appointment scheduling. The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please refer to Prometric's Candidate Information Bulletin for the policy on rescheduling appointment. Once you become an Enrolled Agent you must:


(1) California residents not currently or previously licensed as EAs are eligibel to apply for a scholarship for tuition, including registration, fees and books, for courses in the field of taxation, finance, or accounting, particularly courses specifically designed for Special Enrollment Examination (SEE) preparation.

(2) Current California EAs who wish to broaden their knowledge in the field of taxation are eligible to apply for a scholarship fro approporiate courses. Scholarships are NOT awarded for courses necessary to maintain Continuing Education (CE) hour requirements, but are specifically intended for courses that expand the fields of knowledge and expertise. Examples of appropriate courses include Tax Court, NTPI, C-STAR, etc.

CSEA Scholarship Website OR CALL (916) 366-6646