Classified Ads

Are you a tax professional seeking employment?
Are you looking to buy or sell a tax practice?
If you would like to place an ad, click here to download the form. Click on an ad's title to view the complete ad information.

Help Wanted - Tax Managers - San Jose 

   We are seeking individuals with five plus years of experience. Knowledgeable in federal and California taxation of individuals, partnership, corporations, and trusts. Must hold a valid EA or CPA license.

Help Wanted - Tax Senior Associates - San Jose 

   We are seeking individuals with three years of California tax experience with individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns. Must hold a valid EA license or be working towards becoming an EA.

Help Wanted - Tax Preparer - Santa Maria 

   Seeking assistance for 2022 year tax preparation. Part-time and remote services will be considered. Need experience in the preparation of business entity tax returns, and also in the preparation of tax returns for trusts.

Practice for Sale - Escondido 

   North San Diego County CPA desires to sell about 100 Form 1040 clients. Average fee around $450.

Practice for Sale - San Jose 

   Looking to sell small tax business in San Jose. Asking $65K. We have about 150 long-term clients, both individual and corporate, as well as some international clients. We use Lacerte. Approximately half of our clients are in the Bay Area.

Help Wanted - Bookkeeper/Accountant - Thousand Oaks 

   We are seeking an individual with strong bookkeeping skills and a background in business accounting. Knowledge of Lacerte and QuickBooks is expected, and tax knowledge with individual, business and fiduciary returns and payroll is a plus.

Help Wanted - Tax Professional - Los Banos, CA 

   O. Ray Sheets Accountancy, located in Los Banos, is seeking a tax professional with a minimum of five years of experience in preparing individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns.

Continuing Education (CE) Requirements

Annual CE Requirements

Enrolled Agents

In order to maintain the license, enrolled agents must complete 72 hours within a 3-year cycle based on the last digit of their social security number. The IRS CE reporting period is by calendar year, January 1 through December 31. The IRS enforces a 16-hour minimum per year, and requires 2 hours on Ethics per year. Learn more.


California State Bar attorneys who are certified legal specialists in the area of Taxation Law must obtain 36 MCLE hours and must report their legal specialist education every three years. Learn more.

Certified Financial Planners (CFP)

CFP® professionals are required to complete 30 CE credit hours each two-year reporting period: 28 credit hours of General CE and 2 credit hours of CFP Board-approved Ethics CE. Learn more.

Certified Public Accountants (CPA)

CPAs are responsible for complying with all applicable CE requirements, rules and regulations of state boards of accountancy. Learn more about the CE requirements for CPAs by state.

CTEC Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP)

CRTPs must obtain 20-hours (10 hours federal tax law, 3 hours federal tax update, 2 hours of Ethics and 5 hours for State) of continuing tax education each year and must renew by October 31. Learn more .


CSEA CE requirements exceed the Internal Revenue Service’s standards: Full Members and CA EA associates must acquire 30 hours of CE per calendar year.