CDTFA August 2018 Updates
Some CDTFA processes have changed due to their new online services system, including the way sales and use tax prepayments are made.
- You are no longer required to report the sales associated with your prepayment.
- The system will only require that a payment be made. If you didn't make any sales during the prepayment period, you don't need to make that prepayment.
- Simply indicate on your quarterly return that you didn't have sales to report for the prepayment period.
for additional details.
The August 2018 CDTFA News for Tax Practitioners has articles on the following topics:
- Online services portal;
- Cannabis tax updates;
- Voluntary Disclosure Program for unregistered retailers; and
- Retention period for electronic logging device records.