Information on special tax relief and updates can be found on this page on the FTB website. The page provides links to FAQs, news releases, and due dates.
New Due Dates (Extensions to File & Pay)
This page provides a comprehensive list of due dates and shows the original due date, the COVID-19 due date, and the extension due date.
Reminder: First quarter Estimated Tax payments for S Corps and C Corps is now due on July 17, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ page answers the following questions:
- How does FTB define who is “affected by the COVID-19 pandemic”? How would they need to demonstrate this?
- Can I visit a Field Office Public Counters to make a payment or for tax help?
- Will the period for 1031 Like Kind Exchanges extended?
- Can i combine my first and second quarterly estimated tax payments into one payment?
- COVID-19 Economic impact payments - CARES Act
- Estimate Payments
- Audit Programs
Filing and Collections FAQs
- Will my scheduled payment automatically be rescheduled to the tax deadline?
- Are there any free online tax preparation options available for taxpayers while VITA locations are closed?
- Can I get my tax lien released
- How do I postpone my scheduled estimated tax payments to the new tax deadline?
- If the original due date to file precedes the first day of the March 12, 2020 postponement period but the extended due date falls within the postponement period of March 12, 2020 to July 15, 2020, is the extended due date now July 15, 2020?
- Have FTB delayed any collection activities?
- Will you stop offsetting income tax refunds?
- Does the July 15 extension apply to Offers in Compromise?
- Will you suspend monthly payments for installment agreements?
- Will you delay any Non-Filer compliance activities?
Statute of limitations and Postponement FAQs
- Will FTB still require taxpayers and/or tax representatives to provide statute of limitations waivers containing original signatures?