With the increasing complexity of California’s Tax Laws, how can you be sure you’re prepared as a Tax Expert?
We have the solution! The California Tax Bootcamp (formerly known as CSTAR) will provide you with an intensive three-day bootcamp that will give you an in depth look at state tax audit and appeals, collections, policies and procedures. You’ll receive a unique opportunity to get down and dirty with real case studies led by experts from the Franchise Tax Board (FTB), the Board of Equalization (BOE), and the Employment Development Department (EDD) in one convenient location. We’ve done the research and you can’t find this program anywhere else!
What You’ll Learn
The California Tax Bootcamp is the fast track way for you to sharpen and enhance your tax resolution skills at the state level. You will receive tips from the FTB, EDD, and BOE to increase your understanding and competency in tax resolution at the state level, as will learn techniques through actual case studies. In this bootcamp, you will learn how to apply these tips and techniques to solve your clients problems and much more.
This format includes theory along with practical application. There is no prerequisite knowledge required beyond that common to a Enrolled Agent, CPA, Attorney, or other Tax Professional. We’ll take you from start to finish in this bootcamp and have you leaving as an Expert.
Some of the topics covered by each agency will be:
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB): Tax Research, Audits & Appeals (includes Audit case studies), and Collections & Offers (includes case studies).
- Board of Equalization (BOE): Sales & Use Tax and Case Studies.
- Employment Development Department (EDD): Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Employment Tax, wages and types of Employment, Case Studies and much more.
Topics are subject to change.
In-Person Bootcamp Details
- Location: CSEA State Office, 3200 Ramos Circle Sacramento, CA 95827
- Dates: 2017 Dates Coming Soon!
- Time: 8:00 am – 8:30 am (check-in); 8:30 am – 4:50 pm (daily bootcamp)
- Continuing Education Offered: 24 California Hours (CTEC); 24 CSEA/NAEA Hours
- Pricing: $429 Members/ $499 Non-Members
(Registration includes materials with case studies, continental breakfast and refreshments for all three days.)
Registration is closed!!!
Webinar Bootcamp Details
The program is so great that we don’t want you to miss out if you can’t make it to Sacramento. We are now offering this one of a kind bootcamp in a webinar format broken down by tax agency. You can choose which sections you want to take part in.
1. Franchise Tax Board Webinar
2. Board of Equalization Webinar
3. Employment Development Department Webinar
After registering, you will receive an email from CSEA a few days prior to the bootcamp, with information about how to access the webinar along with your bootcamp material. Your attendance will be monitored and you will receive CE credit only for the amount of time that you are logged on to the webinar.
These hotel suggestions are provided only as a service to our attendees. CSEA does not endorse nor guarantee any particular company. Please research your hotel choice carefully.
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova (located just 3.8 miles from the CSEA office)
11211 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova (located just 2.6 miles from the CSEA office)
10744 Gold Center Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA, 95670
All cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the event start date to qualify for a full refund. Cancellations can be made by sending an email to email@example.com. Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to the event date will be charged the full price of the event.